Facebook reported more than 2 billion active users for the first quarter of 2018. Facebook is one of the best places to interact with your current customers and find new ones.
Because so many people are on Facebook, you may have thought about trying Facebook Live, a way to show live video on your business page. Live videos elicit three times the engagement of regular videos, so it’s a good idea. However, if you’re new to trying video, you probably have a lot of questions. Here’s how to get started.
Creating a Facebook Live Video
- Go to your news feed and tap the “live” option next to the camcorder.
- Enable access to your microphone and camera.
- Choose your privacy setting. In this case, you’d choose “Public,” unless you want only your followers to see it for some reason.
- Write a description and choose your location.
- GO LIVE. It’s as simple as that!
Tips for Creating an Engaging Facebook Live Broadcast
While a live video is appealing, you can’t just go live at any time and expect three times your regular engagement. To get the best results, you’ll need to do some work in advance. Here are some tips:
- Announce your broadcast. Create a post on your Facebook and other social media platforms telling your followers that you’re going live at a specific time. This will create buzz around your broadcast and can allow them time to get the word out about your video. It’s a way to ensure you’ll have viewers because people can set a reminder and make sure they tune in. Be sure to mention the broadcast weeks in advance and multiple times up until the day of. If your followers don’t want to set their own reminder, they can turn on notifications and receive a notice that you are going live.
- Ask for questions. Going live on Facebook live gives you the opportunity to connect with your viewers in real time. Ask them for questions so you can answer them on the spot. Your viewers will instantly feel closer and more connected to your business. You can also get their opinions on ideas or products for real-time consumer feedback.
- Ensure a good connection. Make sure you are somewhere with stable WiFi that you trust. There is nothing worse than going live and the broadcast being interrupted because you are buffering. You’ll lose viewers quickly if they can’t hear or see you.
- Invest in a tripod. Shaky video is impossible to watch. Mount your phone or camera on a tripod or other device, so you don’t have to hold it. And please turn it sideways, not portrait, for the best view.
- Don’t be a one-hit wonder. Facebook live is a great platform to connect with your viewers. To make the most of your broadcast, stay live as long as possible to attract the most viewers you can. Try to go live often, so your viewers feel like they have a personal relationship with you.
- Save and edit the video for later use. Once you’ve been live, don’t waste that footage. Save the video and edit it. You can add a title slide that shows the name and date of the event, and captions, so people can watch it without listening. Upload the edited version to your YouTube channel or website. Or, you can cut it into snippets and share those.
These tips are just to get you started. If you need help with your Facebook Live broadcast, contact us for more.